lightly influenced weasels

| | Comments (9)

Happy half-year. I've been checking over the things-to-do-this-year list I made at the beginning of the year; let's just say I'm behind schedule. (Out of 101, I've got six down, and I'm well on my way to, um, three more.) Also wondering what to do to make lacunae more entertaining for the few dozen repeat visitors StatCounter tells me keep showing up. Suggestions are welcome.

Actually, here's one: I tend to avoid the how-many-books-have-you-owned-type memes. I like them in theory, but the questions tend to get unthrilling in a hurry. So here's my challenge to people who are still reading lacunae: make up ONE original question you think would be part of a really satisfying meme--that is, a question whose answer might tell you something interesting about somebody--and post it in the comments here. Questions must be open-ended (that is, no yes-or-no or a-or-b answers) and of your own devising (that is, not copied from some other personality-quiz-type thing). I will compile them at the end of the week (assuming that there are any...) and answer them all. Then you get to do the same. (If there are oh let's say fewer than three, this offer is void.)

9 Comments

AG said:

If you were to pass along to a child (offspring, godchild, favorite young person you hope to influence for the better) a lifelong passion for one thing, what would it be?

J.D. Considine said:

How do you like your eggs?

simoniker said:

What's the one website or periodical that you read which nobody would expect you to?

jessie said:

What is the oldest article of clothing still in active use in your wardrobe?

Matos W.K. said:

Does there ever become a point when [insert interviewee's occupation] becomes kind of abstracted to you?

John Kenyon said:

What is one album/book/movie you have not heard/read/seen but which you really should to be doing what you do, and how do you work around that?

pinkgerl said:

what superstitions do you follow or have you made up for yourself?

What happened the first time you danced?

kat said:

What was the first piece of art (book, song, film, painting, building, etc.) that changed your life? What happened? How do you regard that work now?